MISSION: Our mission is to ensure rapid development and delivery of quality education and training of students to achieve high moral uprightness and academic excellence for higher institutions and to contribute positively to their communities.
VISION: Our vision is to provide, develop and enhance efficiency in the quality of Education with unequal standards, discipline, high morals, uprightness and impeccable cleanliness, for the benefit of our students and the community.
OUR VALUES: Presbyterian Senior High Technical School, Adukrom-Akuapem (PRESTECH) believes in trusting the word of God in totality. We are guided by hard work, integrity, discipline humility and politeness, which creates an enabling teaching and learning environment to enhance skills and academic excellence.
LOCATION: The school is situated at Adukrom-Akuapem near the Presbyterian Church building. The school land measures 16.0 acres, which was part of Presbyterian legally, acquired land.
SCHOOL CREST : The school has a crest. The design is a hand with a torch, and a Heart on a Book.
MOTTO:: “Education for Development.”
Hierachy of Heads
1. 1st Head - Mr J N Asante - 1991-2001
2. 2nd Head - Mr Kwame Odame-Yeboah- 2001-2007
3. 3rd Head - Mr Emmanuel Otu-Koram- 2007-2013
4. 4th Head - Mr Andrews Baah-Kwako- 2013-2018
5. 5th Head - Mrs Joyce Appiah -2018-2019
6. 6th Head - Mr Samuel Obeng-Asamoah- 2019-2020
7. 7th Head - Mrs Bernice N Mensah-Akutteh- 2020- to date
In 1925, the school began its existence as a middle boarding school to serve Adukrom-Akuapem Township and its environs. The name SALEM, as it was then known was run by the Basel missionaries, the forerunners of the present Presbyterian Church of Ghana. The middle boarding school was upgraded to a teacher training college in the early 1965, when the need arose for the establishment of more teacher training colleges in the country.
In the early 1970’s, it was again converted into a secondary institution and it was called Nifa Secondary School. Nifa secondary school was moved to its present site, situated on the Akuapem-Apirede road, and the old site was converted into one of the Experimental Junior secondary schools in the year 1976. In 1991, the school eventually became a community-based Senior Technical School to offer Technical, Agriculture Science and Vocational programmes, under the 1987 Ghana Educational Reforms. Mr. Joseph Nana Asante was posted to the school as the first Substantive Headmaster. At that time the student population was very small with about nineteen (19) teaching and thirteen (13) non- teaching staff.
There was a board and the PTA readily formed. The board of eleven (11) members, including the Chairman and the Secretary. The Parent- Teacher Association (PTA) also had nine (9) members, including the Chairman and the Secretary. The school gained a full boarding status in the 2011/2012 academic year. The name of the school was changed to Presbyterian Senior High Technical School in the 2012/2013 academic year; 26th January, 2012 to be precise.You are most welcome to Presby Senior High Technical-Adukrom-Akuapem
Geography, History, Government, Elective Mathematics, Christian Religious Studies,Literature Twi,French and Economics
1) Elective Mathematics, Government, Geography and Economics
2) Literature, French, Twi, Christian Religious Studies/Government
3) Twi, Christian Religious Studies, Economics, Government/History
4) Literature, Economics, History, Geography
General Science offer the following electives combinations including all the core subjects;
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
Agricultural Science offer the following electives combinations including all the core subjects;
General Agriculture, Animal husbandry, Chemistry,Physics
The Business class has these subject options;
Accounting,Costing, IBM, Economics
The Home Economics class offer all core subjects with the underlisted electives;
Biology,Management in Living, Clothing and Textile,General Knowledge in Arts,and Food & Nutrition
1) Biology, Management in Living, General Knowledge in Arts, Food & Nutrition
2) Biology, Management in Living, Clothing and Textile, General Knowledge in Arts
The Technical class offer all core subjects with the underlisted electives;
Building and Construction,Woodwork,Technical Drawing, Elective Mathematics, Auto,Metalwork, Applied Electricity, and Physics
1) Building and Construction, Woodwork, Technical Drawing,Elective Mathematics
2) Auto, Metalwork, Technical Drawing, Elective Mathematics
3) Applied Electricity, Physics, Technical Drawing, Elective Mathematics
The Visual Arts class offer all core subjects with the underlisted electives;
Graphic design,General Knowledge in Arts,Leather works and Textile
1) Graphic design, General Knowledge in Arts, Leather works, Textile
• Science Lab
• Administration Block (Principal’s Office, Staffroom and Washroom).
• An ICT Laboratory and library
• Basic construction and Masonry tools
• Visual Art Studio
• Standard classrooms
• Technical Workshops
• Tennis court and Football feild
P O box 58 Adukrom-Akuapem, E2-0329-6264